Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dream

This next poem i though of after a great dream i had the other night. You know when you have those dreams and they seem so real? It just seemed to end too soon..... Let me know what you think.


"Dream"

So soft...unrelenting
So warm and so near
You heart beating softly
Is all i could hear

I held you..said nothing
But silence is gold
Ill hold you forever
And let the story unfold

You whispered so softly
You asked if i could
You asked if i wanted
And i thought we should

Id pack all my thing
In my backpack and car
We would leave this place
And go some place far

A ticket to nowhere
No passport to show
The road our companion
To watch us as we grow

I struggle to keep it
This time with you
I want it, I need it
But i wake up too soon

I know its not over
In my dreams we will meet
I toss and i turn
And go back to sleep

-alex-

No comments: